The Founding Faculty Advisor is Ms. Linda Duke - Instructor of Marketing
Collegiate DECA is an international professional organization open to ALL students to increase valuable leadership development skills, networking skills, and essential professional skills for future careers. The organization focuses on topics such as marketing, management and entrepreneurship with the added excitement of both state and international competitions.
William Woods has a very active and successful Collegiate DECA team. This fall (2011) will be WWU?s fifth year. Each year WWU has been very successful with placing many top awards at both state and international competitions. Please see advisor, Linda Duke, Burton 210, Linda.Duke@Williamwoods.edu for further information.
- To nurture competent, entrepreneurial, self-reliant, cooperative leadership in a variety of professional areas with specific emphasis in the areas of marketing, management, merchandising, and entrepreneurship.
- To help students make informed career choices by providing opportunities to explore fields as diverse as advertising, wholesaling, fashion/apparel, design, food/food service, sales/sales management, retail management, human resource management, financial services, advertising/promotion, sports and entertainment, hospitality/travel/tourism, international marketing, business-to-business marketing and other management and marketing-oriented occupations.
- To encourage business activity that demonstrates civic, social, and moral responsibility.
- To recognize the importance of career education and to promote a willingness to use the training facilities provided by corporations to continually improve skills and knowledge in college and throughout life.
- To increase understanding of and appreciation for the system of free enterprise.