Freshman Advantage FAQ
Who can participate in the program?
The program is available on a first come first served enrollment to students who meet the following criteria:
- must be attending William Woods in the Fall of 2014
- must be a traditional freshman (first full-time college experience and new high school graduate)
- complete and return the application form and a $25 application fee to hold your place
- Freshman Advantage can accept 72 students each year
How much does it cost?
- Total Cost: $2,300
- Application Fee: $25 (due April 15th)
- Deposit: $300 (due May 1st)
- Remaining Balance: $2000 (due May 15th)
What types of classes are offered?
All classes fulfill general education requirements
Students take seven total credit hours
All students take two courses that are selected based on their needs and interests, for a total of six credits.
All students take WWU 101: Connections (one credit)
What are the dates?
Classes run from June 9 - June 27, 2014
Move-in times: 1- 4 pm on Sunday, June 8, 2014
Move-out times: 3 pm Friday June 27th to noon Saturday June 28th
Where do I get my books?
Books can be purchased from MBS on our web site.
What should I bring?
We will mail you a packet in early May that contains this and a lot of other information. Generally, pack like you would for summer camp (but bring the materials you need to study).
Some things to include: tennis shoes, swimsuit, casual / athletic clothing for evening activities, pillows / sheets / blankets for TWIN XL bed, school supplies i.e. books, notebooks, folders & writing utensils, computer and TV - optional
Can I go home in the evening / weekends?
Students are adults and may come and go as they please, but they usually decide that they do not want to leave. They will be having so much fun they will not want to go. Participation in some program events is part of the connections grade.