Cockrell Hall - Phi Gamma Delta
Cockrell Hall houses the men of Phi Gamma Delta, one of two national fraternities on campus. Cockrell Hall takes its name from Dr. E.R. Cockrell, president of William Woods from 1924 to 1934, who brought the college successfully through the Great Depression. The original Cockrell Hall, a house on Nichols Street, was enlarged to a dormitory in the early '60s under pressure to accommodate an ever-growing student body. Finally, a new Cockrell Hall was built in 1965, a boom year for construction on campus.
- Each room includes a desk, chair, dresser, and twin extra-long bed for each student
- Common areas include flat screen television, couches, tables, end tables, chairs, a pool table, and a DVD player
- All residence halls include coin-operated laundry facilities