The story of Jones Hall begins with the original single structure that was built in 1910 with $40,000 of the $56,000 pledge from the Fulton community in 1890 to convince the school to relocate from its prior home in Camden Point, Mo. Simply termed the Main Building, it contained student housing, dining room, kitchen, and infirmary, as well as classrooms. It was later renamed to reflect the excellent leadership and dedication of the second president, James Benjamin Jones, who served from 1896 to 1911. Jones Hall was completely consumed by fire on Nov. 12, 1956, and it was rebuilt by 1958.
Today Jones Hall is a four-story, brick residence hall in the center of campus that provides housing for male and female students. Jones Hall sits between Tucker Dining Hall and Dulany Auditorium. Jones Hall is equipped with a kitchen, laundry facilities, suite bathrooms, and a TV lounge. Jones is very popular with returning male and female students; only a limited number of freshmen and transfer students reside there.
- Each room includes a desk, chair, dresser, and twin extra-long bed for each student
- Common areas include flat screen television, couches, tables, end tables, chairs, and a DVD player
- All residence halls include laundry facilities