The SAS Complex was built in 1957 and includes Smith, Allen and Swearingen residence halls, named after past presidents Dr. Harlie L. Smith, the Rev. Frank W. Allen, and Dr. Tilford T. Swearingen. Originally they were called simply North, Center, and South dormitories. "The Complex" is actually three residence halls, all adjoined, giving the effect of one large residence hall community. Although connected, the three residence halls have their own community living spaces and are treated as separate entities. The SAS Complex features suite-style living, with each hall housing male and female students gender-specific by floor. The SAS Complex is a common place for freshmen to live.
- Each room includes a desk, chair, dresser, and twin extra-long bed for each student
- Common areas include flat screen television, couches, tables, end tables, chairs, and a DVD player
- All residence halls include laundry facilities