Assistant Professor, Biology
Areas of Expertise:
- Cancer biology
- Protein expression
- Ph.D., Anatomy & Neurobiology, Virginia Commonwealth University
- B.S., Biology, James Madison University
- American Association of Immunologists
Association for Cancer Research
- Council on Undergraduate Research
- Missouri Academy of Science
Honors and/or awards:
- 2013- Clark Cox Endowed Chair in Science
- 2011-2013 AAAS/Science Program for Excellence Science
- 2010-2012 IRACDA Postdoctoral Fellowship
- 2008-2009 Jack Denning Burke Award for Excellence in Cell Biology Research
- 2007 A.D. Williams Fellowship
- Pullen NA, Barnstein BO, Falanga YT, Wang Z, Suzuki R, Lama Tamang TD, Khurana MC, Harry EA, Rivera J, Draber P, Bunting KD, Mizuno K, Wilson BS and Ryan JJ. Novel mechanism for FceRI-mediated STAT5 tyrosine phosphorylation and the selective influence of STAT5B over mast cell cytokine production. The Journal of Biological Chemistry 2012; 287(3) 2045-2054.
- Pullen NA, Falanga YT, Morales JK, and Ryan JJ. The Fyn-STAT5 pathway: a new frontier in IgE and IgG-mediated mast cell signaling. Frontiers in Inflammation 2012; 3: 117.
- Pullen NA, Anand M, Cooper PS and Fillmore HL. Matrix metalloproteinase-1 expression enhances tumorigenicity as well as tumor-related angiogenesis and is inversely associated with TIMP-4 expression in a model of glioblastoma. Journal of Neuro-Oncology 2012; 106(3) 461-471.
- Pullen NA, Barnstein BO, Lama Tamang TD, Falanga YT, and Ryan JJ (2012). STAT5 activity downstream of IgE and IgG receptors. Journal of Immunology 188:177.8 (Abstr).
- Pullen NA, Anand M, Cooper PS, and Fillmore HL (2010). Functional investigation of glioblastoma pathology in the context of matrix metalloproteinase-1 tumor expression. Proceedings of the 101st Annual Meeting of the American Association for Cancer Research
- Signal transduction events during allergy and cancer
- Matrix metalloproteinase function
- Undergraduate science education