Outstanding Students Named at William Woods
|5/8/2009||Mary Ann Beahon|
|FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE||(573) 592-1127|
Fifteen William Woods University students were named Outstanding Students during the university’s co-curricular honors banquet, April 22.
The Outstanding Student Awards are the only awards at William Woods University bestowed on students by the nomination and vote of other students. Nominees must demonstrate academic achievement, campus and community involvement and leadership.
Outstanding freshmen are:
- Marisa Benthusen of Raymore, Mo., the daughter of Richard and Kim Benthusen.
- Zach Hurst of Jefferson City, Mo., the son of Daniel and Jeannie Hurst.
- Ashley Martin of Belvidere, Ill., the daughter of Hope Martin.
Outstanding sophomores are:
- Ann DeHart of Keosauqua, Iowa., the daughter of Blaine DeHart and Marvin and Beverly Boecker.
- Liza Payne of Zionsville, Ind., the daughter of Mark and Helen Payne.
- Michael Towle of Grandview, Mo., the son of Don Towle and Susan Morrison.
- Carmen Watchinski of Columbia, Md., the daughter of Herb and Charlotte Watchinski.
Outstanding juniors are:
- Stephanie Doorack of Union, Mo., the daughter of Ted and Dennie Doorack.
- Heather Oetjen of Prior Lake, Minn., the daughter of John and Cynthia Oetjen.
- Emily Teepe of Nevada, Mo., the daughter of Clarisse Teepe-Fryrear.
- Scott Thompson, of St. James, Mo., the son of Lonnie and Norma Thompson.
- Allison Ward of Hazelwood, Mo., the daughter of Terry and Linda Ward.
Outstanding seniors are:
- Stacie Bonte of Fenton, Mo., the daughter of Charlie and Kathy Bonte
- Stacie Ledgerwood of Washington, Mo., the daughter of Pat Herrick and Renee Herrick.
- Adam Reed of Columbia, Mo., the son of Tim and Lisa Reed.