WWU students prepare for life after college
|3/20/2013||Mary Ann Beahon|
|FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE||(573) 592-1127|
William Woods University recently held three events to prepare students for life after college—a resume review workshop, a business fashion show and a career fair. All three events were sponsored by Amy LaRue Dittmer, director of the Career Services Office at WWU.
The interactive resume review workshop Feb. 20 helped students strengthen their resumes. During the business fashion show March 4, students learned some tips for dressing right for a job interview. At the career fair March 5, students met with about 40 potential employers or graduate school representatives. The students were required to dress professionally and bring multiple copies of their resumes.
Models for the business fashion show were:
- Abby Cable, a senior biology major from Lee’s Summit, Mo. (not shown)
- Anthony Dewey, a freshman special education major from Warrenton, Mo.
- Andrea Hutchinson, a senior business administration and management information systems major from Council Bluffs, Iowa
- Hilary Fink, a senior graphics design major from Parkville, Mo.
Kagei, a sophomore equestrian science and paralegal studies major from Rancho
Palos Verdes, Calif.
- Lauren Simon, a senior special education major from Cary, Ill.
- Morgan Wukadinovich, a junior biology major from Riverside, Calif.
- Katie Zimmer, a junior communications major from Barrington, Ill.
Katherine Wortmann, a senior American Sign Language interpreting major from Mexico, Mo., was the emcee.